It was crunch time. I was just about to make my move, but before I did I looked my wife right in the eye (knowing she was intimidated by my go-fish expertise) and I said “Do you have any 5’s?” and before she had time to respond, I said, don’t lie to me! To which she simply responded, “I don’t Lie, I am a christian.” The moral of the story as you probably have already guessed is that she handed over her 5, thus sealing her doom and my victory 🙂
What a concept!
I could not help but wonder, what our lives, the Lord’s church, and our world would look like today, if everyone took this very simple, basic stance.
- I don’t lie, I am a Christian.
- I don’t say harsh things, I am a Christian
- I don’t gossip, I am a Christian
- I don’t Watch shows that I shouldn’t, I am a Christian
- I don’t defile my body with drugs,alcohol, or sexual immorality, I am a Christian.
We are called to live a life that is so drastically different, than that of the world around us, that some might even say we are aliens Phil 3:20- “For our citizenship is in Heaven…”
- I love God, I am a Christian.
- I love people, I am a Christian.
- I study my Bible, I am a Christian.
- I seek lost souls, I am a Christian.
- I long to be with Jesus, I am a Christian.
Being a Christian is the best life to live! Let us live this life, in a way that Honors Him!
Romans 1:16- “For I am not ashamed of the Gospel…”